Saturday, June 13, 2009

Where is my head?

Oh my God, it is so hot. I am just back from Jerusalem, where humidity is very low, and coming back home I was planning to go immediately to bed but instead must wait till the air conditioner cools my bedroom to a temperature I can stand.

And what is a girl to do while waiting, if not write about her latest creations?

This morning I woke up determined to make a Frida Kahlo Flutterbutt. I already made and sold one several months ago, and was eager to make more. Then I found I am out of glue (figures..) and had to make do with the second best thing - Making Frida Flutterheads!

I made one Frida Flutterhead magnet decorated with purple and pink Chrysanthemums.

And a Frida Flutterhead room decoration with red, white, and yellow flowers, which you can hang on your wall, wardrobe, and so on.

All in all, they were lots of fun to make and turned out quite well I think.

You can find both in my shop, at 15$ each. They cost a bit more than ordinary Flutterheads, since they took twice to make and include some exclusive materials (like the little Indian ornaments I used for their collars).

And speaking of my shop, the great Yart Sale (yard sale + art = Yart) ends on Sunday. You can find some great discounted items on my sale section, including Barack and Michelle O'Flutterbutt and Queen Elizabeth Flutterbutt cards set, which I personally love.

I even made a special banner for it, here:

And now I seriously must go to bed. It's 1am and it's been a long day. Have a great weekend everybody, and don't forget to check my sale items. Mama needs to buy a ticket to see Madonna in September ;o)

7 comments:

ABrushWithHumor said...

Too cute! I love those heads!
Michelle and Barack are adorable too, I'd send them to the White House!

Robin

Sharona R - שרונה ראובני said...

Thanks Robin, I wonder what Ahmadinejad would think of them..

Megan said...

Hi! Just wanted you to know that I gave you the “Lovely Blog Award”
You can read about it here: http://megdowning.blogspot.com/2009/06/oh-so-lovely.html

GalleryJuana said...

The Frida Magnet is adorable!

I prefer dry climates too:)

Sharona R - שרונה ראובני said...

Thank you so much Megan! I smile every time I see your sweet avatar :o)

Thank you Juana, I appreciate it. Humidity is a mess!

Heather Leavers said...

I would think madonna would pay to see you :-)

Sharona R - שרונה ראובני said...

Hear hear!!