Friday, June 5, 2009

The Adventures of Mini Me

My web designer requested I make a puppet in my own image, to use on the new website. I am very eager to get the website up and running already, but my tasks list on top of which was this project, was quite scary which lead to almost a month of delay. But last night, motivated by the utter lack of anything remotely worth watching on TV I decided the time is now and started working on mini me.

I have to say the hair turned out quite accurate, tied at the back with lots of unwanted freeze on the front.

There was only one option of clothing for the little one - jeans, snickers or a pair of thong sandals, a cami (preferably a frilly designer top) and nice bag. I was most worried about the pants and the eyeglasses. I don't like sewing, and usually refrain from it, but there was no way to go around it with the pants.
I made a Tovale's blouse with black and white polka dots and the signature Tovale's baby logo, decorated with a little black rose (she has a matching black rose on her ponytail). Tiny Paul Frank monkeys snickers and a large hemp bag decorated with big Indian beaded sparkly flowers.

I usually wear either a long necklace, or earrings. This blouse has a lot of details so I opted for long earrings. She has two holes in her right ear and a piercing in the exact same color as my favorite one.

We took about a 100 photos, till she got really tired.

So I told her "honey, baby, my very own soul - why won't you get some dinner for crying out loud?!" to which she responded "for crying out loud!!". So I setup dinner for her, just as I like to eat it - sitting on the rug in front of the TV, leaning against the sofa. Since my favorite food is French cheese, I made sure she is Lactose tolerant (unlike poor me). Bon apetit little one!

10 comments:

Janie G said...

Sharona- you are as adorable as a puppet as you are as a raisin,lol!
Very well done!

Sharona R - שרונה ראובני said...

Thank you dear! Can you spot your baby wormie over my head in the last photo?

Valerie's Essentials said...

I LOVE IT!!! You are so creative!!! Great job!

Sharona R - שרונה ראובני said...

Thank you Valerie :o)

staceyrebecca said...

I have to love my fellow lactose intolerant redheaded puppeteer friend and her miniature twinsie!

Junie said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OH OH OH OH OH I mean just how gorgeous and adorable is Mini Me !! I just LOVE LOVE LOVE it and so does Lucy Lu
You are just soooooo talented

irina said...

amazing, sharona! this is just another measure of your talent. I know you can't tell, but I'm green with envy (no, don't make me a mini me in gree, thank you ;-)

ayelet(nishale) said...

she is my FAVORITE!!!!!!!!!!!!
awesome!
and the sofa behind her is lovely too!
hugs!

Sharona R - שרונה ראובני said...

Thank you dear :o)

bali said...

מנסה לבדוק אם אני יכולה לצרף פה תגובה...

נסיון נסיון