Wednesday, June 24, 2009

What I learned from my parents

I haven't memed in ages, but when I saw Ruthi's meme I thought this is a good one. So even though she did not tag me, here goes:

Things I learned from my father:
I learned to write poems in 2 minutes, I learned to speak gibberish, I learned to speak my mind, I learned that saying I'm sorry is a virtue, I learned to make up stories, I learned no one is perfect (not even your parents), I learned to name things, I learned to love the musical theater, I learned smoking is bad, I learned you must be cordial to those who work for you, I learned how dangerous emotional manipulation is, I learned how to bargain, I learned how to be brave, I learned how to love, I learned that giving gifts to loved ones is great fun, I learned how to be a writer, I learned you must never give up on your dreams, I learned to act, I learned the best thing in the world is a cheesy lasagna.

Things I learned from my mother:
I learned to stand up for myself, I learned I am beautiful, I learned to draw, I learned to love fashion and British drama, I learned I love to read, I learned to support those I love, I learned people can change if the change comes from within, I learned what a hero looks like, I learned the importance of being positive, I learned to stand on my own as a woman, I learned how to make peace with your choices, even when you wish you chose otherwise.

What I learned from both my parents:
I learned how important it is to be educated, I learned how to play and be funny. I learned you can survive when you rely on your humor and free spirit, I learned to fly on the wings of my imagination, I learned to be silly, I learned to curse, I learned to play with dolls, I learned to make up songs, I learned that nothing bits a good hug.

I don't like tagging but I would love to read what you learned from your parents, so please comment if you are memeing on your blog!