I was wondering a lot if I should close shop. I spend way too much time on the forums, which don't really bring much sales anyway since buyers don't look there most of the times. This thread I posted today, and which got plenty of helpful response (as well as supporting, which was lovely but not what I was looking for), gives me a lot to think about. My mind is not yet set-up, but this is what I came up with so far.
- I started a DaWanda shop, to see how I sell without all this annoying constant promoting.
- I am waiting till the end of December before I decide whether I will close shop.
- I am considering stopping to promote on the forums till October. I am just not sure I will be able to do that, cause seriously - I am addicted to the forums.
- I am planning a local promotional activity. You can read about it here, if you wanna join - let me know ASAP.
- I removed the baby Lavi text from my shop announcement. People commented it is too sad and a sales turn-off. Of course I will still be donating more if I can.