Sunday, October 3, 2010

Plans for my Etsy shop

Hello guys, long time no write.

I have to admit I have been spending a lot of time and energy on my fashion blog, which left this blog quite neglected. On top of that, there is the general neglect my Etsy shop and interests have been suffering these past few months. Caring for Mamisha on her last months meant I had zero energy for Etsy and creation, and after her death almost two months ago I was left less than a person. These days, however, I am trying to recover my Etsy business and am making some plans, which I would like to share with you, my trusty readers.

Step 1 - Set goals for October
This month I plan to reach 2000 hearts and get at least 5 sales on my puppets and crafts shop. On my art and jewelry shop, I plan to get at least 3 sales.

Step 2 - Make holiday plans
I am joining the Etsy Holiday Boot Camp program in order to prepare for the upcoming holiday season. The 2009 holiday season was a great success for me, which I want to repeat and exceed. I already relisted some holiday items on both my shops, which will expire at the end of December. After I finish writing this entry, I will take a few of the steps on my this week's checklist - Read this week's article, make a list of my most popular items (based on web analytics) and find a bootcamp buddy to brainstorm with.

Would you like to be my bootcamp buddy? Please let me know if you do!

Step 3 - Better photographs
I already bought a new camera, which is much more advanced than my previous Canon. I also got a tripod and now all that's left is learning how to use it. I am starting a three week photography course this week, which should make my familiar with my new camera and teach me many new techniques for shooting both macro (for my blogs) and micro (for Etsy) photographs. I am planning to re-shoot my entire jewelry line after the course is done, and am very excited about it. I hope the training meets my expectations. I will surely share my exercises on the blog.

Step 4 - New items
I haven't added anything new to my shops in a few months. The only exception is the Pinky goes shopping tshirt, which is the first and so far, the only one in a new line of products. I also finally updated my Etsy guides in Hebrew two weeks ago, just to find Etsy updated their user interface yet again, so again I have to rewrite them.. Oh well!

I feel no guilt about not making anything new for so long. I have not really been in a puppet making mood lately, if you know what I mean. But now it's time to get back to business and start defrosting. What will I make? Well, that depends on step 3 above. I also expect to get custom orders starting this month, as I did last year towards the holiday season. Nothing like a Flutterbutt or Foamie portrait to please your loved ones.

I would love to hear your thoughts, comments and plans!

No comments: