Monday, December 7, 2009

Custom made sister

Thanks for being in the Gift Guides, I got some last minute custom orders for Christmas.

One wonderful lady asked for a look alike Flutterbutt of her sister who turns 30 on Christmas. I have to say I was very excited when I heard her description - professional dancer with long legs, short dark hair, big blue eyes and a huge smile who loves mini dresses, Converse shoes, and long dangle earrings. Is that a dream Flutterbutt to make or what?

Since the last thing I watched on TV before starting to work was an old Project Runway rerun, I was very excited to start working on her dress already. Though I have to admit, that it was fun making her nose.

I made her a double layered mini skirt, reminiscent of the dress she wears in the photo her sister sent me. I used an under layer of black satin with a lace trim. On top of that I added a golden sheer organza bustier with gold trimmings and a thin black satin belt. It was designed to mix well with the colorful Converse All Stars I had for her, to help her stand up (she is not a Puppet Mobile). The final touch was adding long dangley emerald colored rhinestone earrings.

So here she is, waiting to meet mer mommy. I hope mommy will love her Mini Me, as I love mine!

Merry Christmas to both sisters!

10 comments:

Inbar Bareket said...

You just did it - They look twins.
LOL....
It is gorgeous! I just love it!
It or she? It or her? hmmmmm... what do you think?

Well done !

לובה said...

אויש, מתוקה!
(וזו מחמאה אדירה ממישהי שמפחדת מבובות)
השמלה שלה אדירה..

Sharona R. said...

יש הרבה יותר בובות שמחפחדות מאנשים מאשר ההפך, וזה גם די הגיוני כשחושבים על זה

Thanks Inbar. She is certainly a she :o)

MyWayToSay said...

OH MY GOD !!!!!!!! They are AWESOME !!!!!!!!! you did a great job!!

Sharona R. said...

Thank you very much :o)

Christie Cottage said...

Cute!


http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

TheFrogBag said...

Haha, that's wonderful! How adorable!

Sharona R. said...

Thank you ladies :o)

Morrgan said...

Love that expression! Great work on the outfit too. :)

Sharona R. said...

Thank you Morrgan! I loved making the dress.