Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Which printer should I buy?

Ever since Juju told me she uses Epson R2880 I've been obsessing about inkjet printers.

My Canon stopped working over a year ago, and somehow I managed with using the office color HP laser printer, whose color prints are undoubtedly too bad to sell. Now I want to make a printed items for my shop (calendars and such) which demand I finally replace my dead printer (the scanner still works though).

So I am looking for a printer. The amazing Epson R2880 is way too expensive not to mention an overkill for my needs. So I am currently considering HP Officejet Pro 8500 but am not yet sure.

What I need is a:
  • Printer-scanner
  • Costing less than 1500NIS (i.e 400$)
  • Good value for money
  • Good for printing sellable illustrations
Any advice?
Thought?
Which printer do you use?

6 comments:

Junie said...

At work just now ... let me look at the printer we have at home !! it is also a fax machine and a photocopier but we only use it for printing and it wasn't that expensive LOL I just cannot remember the name of it

TLC Inspirations said...

Canons do a great job printing graphics, but it you're going to print photographs, I would recommend an HP Photosmart...they are more clear and crisp; colors are true.

Sharona R - שרונה ראובני said...

I just don't understand if for illustrations I need to look for photo quality printer or graphics printer..

Anonymous said...

I'm going to order from printing companies instead of buying an expensive printer. Good luck with your search :)

Lynn said...

I can tell you what not to buy.
Do not buy the HP 2610 printer, scanner, fax.
Since Vista came out this printer cannot access any HP photo editing drivers or software.
So it cannot print pictures or pdf's.
It is supposed to, but there is a glitch between HP and Vista that even an HP computer cannot send the HP printer a request for editing and printing photos or pdf's. You have to fool the printer by putting the stuff in a word doc so it prints.

Sharona R - שרונה ראובני said...

Yuck, thank you Lynn. I heard far too many bad things about HP.