Monday, November 3, 2008

Jaffa flea market finds

The Jaffa flea market used to be our dwelling place when I was 17 (a period I like to call "my new age period"). We used to hunt for trinkets in those narrow passages, breathing in the scent of incense, dark strong sweet coffee and fear the solicitations of the merchants to buy from their old and sometimes rusty merchandise. These days, I find, I can go there and enjoy the antique shops without even entering the clothing and jewelry allies I don't like.

Just look at these amazing perambulators! I bet they were carrying the script to an unpublished novel, and a baby, at some point in their existence.

Antique shop at the Jaffa flea market

I haven't been there in a long while, but as an adult I am starting to like it again. Last night I went there for a meeting, and spent some time searching for my favorite new crafty play - broken chandelier pieces. I was fortunate enough to find these amazing pieces, which I am turning into wonderful jewelry.

Market finds


This I bought to make a necklace for myself. It needs some cleaning, and I might change the center piece to something smaller and rounder, but I think it would make a wonderful Boleyn style necklace.

Market finds

I can't wait to get started on these pieces! Very exciting. I really don't want to go to work today, but I must. Sigh. At least autumn is officially here. You can't quarrel with the Crocus.

No comments: