Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Puppeteer's block

So, I haven't made a new puppet in months now.

It seems the part of me which makes the puppets, a cheerful and childish part, has been temporarily lost since my mom died 3 months ago. The thought of making a new puppet seems like a mission impossible. Yet, I haven't added anything new to my puppet shop in almost two months now, and the holidays are coming near. There is nothing there to interest my regular buyers, since they already know all the puppets, unless they order a custom made one.

In fact, I have only about 3 more weeks to work on anything, if I want to sell and ship it in time for Christmas anywhere outside of the country, so the pressure is on. But I don't know how to force myself to create anything, I mean, can it even be done? I don't want to even consider the possibility that "I lost it" and I am not as depressed as I expected I'd be before mom's passing. So why can't I just do it?

What do you suggest I do, dear readers? Any thoughts or advice are welcome.

 
 Puppeteer's block, illustration

No comments: