Tuesday, August 31, 2010

You can run but you can't hide

Two weeks had passed since Mamisha's death, and my friend was going to London for a week. I decided I need to run away from all that's going on in my life, and managed to get a last minute flight and join her. I realized (a great cliché, I know) you really can't run away from yourself and that your troubles follow you wherever you go, but still - crying in London is so much more photogenic than crying in Herzelia, wouldn't you agree?

Pinky had a great time, despite missing Barbie.


We saw The Merry Wives of Windsor on the Globe theater, which was absolutely divine!


We also went to Stratford to visit Shakespere, but he wasn't home so we bought cake instead, in a tea house haunted by a ghostly cat.


Pinky and I finally met Junie Ju (and had some more cake)!!!


I did tons of shopping.


Went to a musical (the right message at the right time, if there ever was one)



And finally, had some more cake.


That's it for now, but I will write more later and introduce you to some wonderful beasts and such. Till then - I bid you well.

5 comments:

Chen Shapira said...

The striped dress is AMAZING. You look fabulous.

But.... Uggs? You wear Uggs?

Sharona R - שרונה ראובני said...

Thank you Chen! Actually it's not a dress, but my own styling - it's a cardigan I bought in Primark wrapped with a belt over a slip I brought from Israel. I really like this look too!

And nope, no Uggs, but a 90 NIS imitation from the city center where I live :o)

Miss Val's Creations said...

It looks like you had a great time. Although you can't run from difficult times, it can help to find distractions such as travelling!

candleguy821 said...

You look good, getting away and to be with a dear friend probably did you some good. I have not been reading your blog, so busy and soo tired. I keep falling asleep, and so much work I want to do. My limes are delicious, where is Tzipi, have not read anything???? You look good, even the cake photo.

Donald

Sharona R - שרונה ראובני said...

Yes, where is Tzipi??