Monday, June 13, 2011

Puppeteer on the.. what??

There comes a time in a woman's life, when she must ask herself will I still be the puppeteer on the roof once I leave this roof?

For the past few years, I have been living in my parents' roof apartment and have been creating and photographing on the roof, but now I am selling this apartment, and am not at all sure I will be able to afford to buy a new roof apartment. So what then, will I have to rename my blog or am I carrying the roof in my heart no matter where I go? That is one of the questions boggling my mind these days, as I am working on selling the home I grew up in to perfect strangers.

In the meanwhile, the present is what's important and the roof garden is in full summer gear. Gotta enjoy it while it lasts, eh?

The Surinam cherries are almost ripe for eating. Unfortunately I have a very small yield this year and they are not that big either, but the ones I already ate were yummy. 



My cucumbers are growing steadily. I chose the best time to grow my own cucumbers, eh? I think they will shoot the value of this apartment off the roof, so to speak. This is an autarkic farm I am selling here, people.



My baby olive tree had a bad reaction to heat and wind (it is not meant to grow on the forth floor, that's for sure) so I snipped its leaves and now, after a little rest, it is finally starting to recover.


I also planted some new French geranium.


And finally, even the the little veranda on the first floor is looking quite nice these days.



I will not be able to buy an apartment without a little yard or veranda, that's for sure. Not only must I have my flowers to be happy, but I also need an airy space to work with my glues. This is going to be a tricky one, but I am also so very excited to find my new home and make it my own. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Your garden & 'farm' should definately will increase the value!
I think you can still be puppeteer on the roof, and make the roof into some kind of arty thing that hjas a meaning :-)

Good luck house hunting!

handsewn said...

You will always carry the roof in your heart, though that may hurt a bit.

Heather Leavers said...

Oh Sharona - selling a home is always hard (our house is for sale right now too, it's a major stress) but to sell the home you grew up in increases the stress factor enormously. Your garden sounds and looks lovely though, and must increase its desirability no end so hopefully it won't be too long.

and like handsewn says, you'll carry the roof in your heart.

(((hugs)))

Sharona R - שרונה ראובני said...

The house is sold (to the Israeli Survivor winner, no less ;o) and I just rented a cute flat not too far away yesterday morning. It's half the size and has no roof garden, but it has a lovely little terrace and it's a temporary house for a year or so while I look for a place to buy.

Stressful it is, though. And sad. I am yet to fully internalize the fact the memories and love are independent of time and place.